Water, a source of creativity and boldness with Michel Proulx
Duration : 5h
New online course
IN FRENCH ONLY
This interactive workshop will be given online with the Zoom application and will be in two parts.
The technical, cultural and analysis workshop will take place on Thursday June 3rd from 7 p.m to 9:30 p.m
You will have 3 weeks for personal practice.
A virtual meeting will take place on Wednesday June 30th at 7 p.m. to view your photos with comments and reviews.
A link will be sent to you by email to give all the information needed to join the group.
"The exploration of water in all its forms in photography has no beginning or end"
Objectives: To get photographers to explore in depth all the possibilities of water as an inspiring subject. Open one's horizons as much in classical approaches as in the craziest interpretations of water. Motivate photo enthusiasts to get out of their comfort zone by practicing several technical and creative approaches. Water is fascinating because it mixes all the characteristics of other subjects in the photo and allows a very interesting practice opportunity whether you are a beginner or an advanced photographer.
Content: Using a voluminous PDF document (exercise book) including fifteen different themes, you will be able to approach your photography practice supported by technical, structural and situational analyses. Viewing over 350 photos in a multimedia document will help you prepare for creative sessions both outdoors and indoors.
- The equipment
- Motion blur vs freezing the movement, varying the effects with the shutter speed.
- Place the sun in front of you in frontal light for puddles or ice, on the streets or in nature.
- Neutral filters and exposures... minutes long.
- Composition in seascapes or nature.
- Chiaroscuro and high key with water in a variety of forms.
- Creative light, reflections, flares, abstractions and light textures.
- Reflections on calm surfaces.
- Aquatic post production in black and white.
- Increase the contrast to the extreme in post-processing.
- Special effects in post-processing with waves and motion blur.
- Frozen water... all year round.
- Droplets and puddles.
- Plant elements in an aquatic environment.
- What floats.
- The effects of colors in water at home.
- The great masters of water photography.
Pre-requisite: Having knowledge of the basics of photography (ISO, aperture, shutter speed, depth of field). Having knowledge of the different modes of your camera.
Once registered, this course cannot be refunded. Photo Laplante reserves the right to cancel or hand over a course, workshop or outings without notice, in which case registered persons will be notified and reimbursed.
No course on the schedule soon. However, you can make an arrangement with the teacher by clicking here.
Understanding Light Part 1
A must for fans of photography who wish to upgrade their experience and refine their images.
Introduction to Photography
Did you just buy your new camera? This course will allow you to learn the basics of taking pictures.
Macrophotography at Le Jardin de François at St-Sauveur
Come and experience the world of macro photography on a magnificent private estate!