'' In the Way of Grand Masters'' with Michel Proulx
Duration : 6h
In French only
*** New online courses ***
This interactive workshop will be given online with the Zoom application and will be in two parts.
The technical, cultural and analysis workshop will take place on monday august 24th from 7 p.m to 9:30 p.m
You will have 3 weeks for personal practice.
A virtual meeting will take place on Tuesday, september 8th at 7 p.m. to view your photos with comments and reviews.
A link will be sent to you by email to give all the information needed to join the group.
And good news... this course is now at the special price of $109.95 (regular price $129.95)
Develop your creativity and photo techniques by taking inspiration from the greatest photographers
"Those who imitate nothing produce nothing" Salvador Dali
In this practical workshop you will learn how to analyze your favorite photos and take advantage of the technical and structural characteristics of the images of famous… or less famous photographers. After having chosen your most inspiring mentors by yourself or from our primer of photographers, we will analyze in a group the elements that touch you and that make these photos creative works that you would like to better understand. We will prepare one or more practical outings that will allow you to reproduce in your environment styles of images that will change your vision and demystify these masterpieces which often appear complex and inaccessible. Also, a guided tour in the world of image culture, its evolution, its limits and its challenges. A way of learning full of anecdotes and curiosities that has proven itself since the photo existed. Copy, copy, there will always be something left!
Course content and subjects covered:
- Presentations from pre-selected mentors
- Learn to make personal choices from hundreds of photos
- Visit several styles of images and acquire a photographic culture
- Discover a photographic language and culture
- Simplify and clean up your perception of images and make them affordable for you
- Open your eyes and get out of our comfortable and well-known routine
- Technically analyze your favorite images and reveal their secrets
- Capture the elements of composition that affect you and reproduce them
- Plan shooting sessions based on specific elements and objectives to be achieved
- Several group and personal outings
- Critical views according to your objectives and your mentors
- Analysis of results and how to improve your images
- Dare to descend into yourself to discover the emotions conveyed by the images
- Make a personalized development and monitoring plan based on your needs.
- Organization of several practical works in different contexts
- Construction of a thematic portfolio
Pre-requisite: Having knowledge of the basics of photography (ISO, aperture, shutter speed, depth of field). Having knowledge of the different modes of your camera.
Once registered, this course cannot be refunded. Photo Laplante reserves the right to cancel or hand over a course, workshop or outings without notice, in which case registered persons will be notified and reimbursed.