Ottawa one day photo safari
Duration : 10h
Come and live a photographic experience in the city of Ottawa and its suburbs!
Ottawa is the capital of Canada and is located on the South Shore of the Ottawa River opposite Hull. We will travel through this beautiful historic city to discover its architecture, its monuments, its beautiful parks, and the people who live there! Sylvie Poirier photographer, Photo Laplante school director, will coach you throughout the workshop.
Day schedule (subject to changes)
- 7 a.m. departure from Photo Laplante parking lot by bus
- 9 a.m. arrival at Canadian museum of history (Hull)
- Museum of Fine Arts of Canada (Ottawa)
- Rideau canal
- Château Laurier
- ByWard Market (and possibly lunch)
- 2 p.m. departure to Mackenzie King Estate (Gatineau Park)
- 4 p.m. departure to Hog’s Back cascade
- Diner or lunch on the bus
- 6-7 p.m. Departure
- 9 p.m. approximate arrival in Laval
- All lenses: wide angle, macro, zoom 70-200mm, etc.
- Additional batteries (highly recommended)
- Tripod (optional)
- Appropriate clothing according to the temperature
- Comfortable shoes
- Lunch (optional)
- Polarized filter and/or neutral density filter (optional)
Entry fees to Mackenzie King Estate and bus transportation are included and departure will be from Photo Laplante's parking lot. However, lunches and dinners are not included; you can choose to bring your lunches or eat local :)
Also note that there will be no visits inside museums: this photo workshop is outside!
An e-mail giving you instructions will be forwarded to you a few days before the workshop.
Pre-requisite: Have knowledge of the basics in photography (ISO, aperture, shutter speed, depth of field). Have knowledge of the different modes of your camera.
Once registered, this course cannot be refunded. Photo Laplante reserves the right to cancel or hand over a course, workshop or outings without notice, in which case registered persons will be notified and reimbursed.
No course on the schedule soon. However, you can make an arrangement with the teacher by clicking here.
Understanding Light Part 2
This training will help you perfect the techniques that you have learned in "Understanding Light Part 1".
In a photography studio, accompanied by a professional photographer, learn the fascinating world of portrait photography.
Conference: "Photographing nature in Cuba" by Daniel Fortin
We're proud to offer this conference with Daniel Fortin.