Introduction to Photography
Duration : 3h
In French only. Please contact us to learn more about our private courses.
Did you just buy your new camera? This course will allow you to learn the basics of taking pictures.
Objectives: Learn to manipulate your camera, make technically good photos and acquire the basics of composing images.
Guided tour of your camera
- Basic settings and menu
- Formats and image quality
- The different lenses for your needs
Essentials basic concepts
- Exposure (iso/speed/aperture)
- White balance
- Scene mode (which one to use)
- Focus (how to do it well)
- What questions to ask ?
- Available light (iso vs flash)
- Movement (the subject is moving or not)
- The distance (focus and depth)
How to avoid common mistakes
- The composition ( highlight your subject)
- Tips and tricks
Prerequisite : none
Required equipment : all types of camera
Once registered, this course cannot be refunded. Photo Laplante reserves the right to cancel or hand over a course, workshop or outings without notice, in which case registered persons will be notified and reimbursed.