Introduction to Photography
Duration : 3h
In French only. Please contact us to learn more about our private courses.
Did you just buy your new camera? This course will allow you to learn the basics of taking pictures.
Objectives: Learn to manipulate your camera, make technically good photos and acquire the basics of composing images.
Guided tour of your camera
- Basic settings and menu
- Formats and image quality
- The different lenses for your needs
Essentials basic concepts
- Exposure (iso/speed/aperture)
- White balance
- Scene mode (which one to use)
- Focus (how to do it well)
- What questions to ask ?
- Available light (iso vs flash)
- Movement (the subject is moving or not)
- The distance (focus and depth)
How to avoid common mistakes
- The composition ( highlight your subject)
- Tips and tricks
Prerequisite : none
Required equipment : all types of camera
Once registered, this course cannot be refunded. Photo Laplante reserves the right to cancel or hand over a course, workshop or outings without notice, in which case registered persons will be notified and reimbursed.
No course on the schedule soon. However, you can make an arrangement with the teacher by clicking here.
You have an external flash and you don’t know how to use it? You are often disappointed with the results and have no idea what to do to fix it? This workshop is for you!
Understanding Light Part 2
This training will help you perfect the techniques that you have learned in "Understanding Light Part 1".